Friday, September 27, 2013

Mint Chocolate Chip Quilt Is A Winner!

Wow! I guess all the hard work was worth it! My Mint Chocolate Chip Quilt won three ribbons at the Silver City Quilt Guild Show this past weekend! 1st Place Ribbon in the Large Bed Category, Judge's Choice, and Best of Show-Guild Choice.
I am gushing for sure, because I really wasn't going for a ribbon at all and look what happened! Just wanted to quilt this quilt for myself and use some designs I had been aching to try.
Although I was under a deadline to be done for the judging, I really enjoyed doing the quilting and love how it looks, now that it's done. The full size picture doesn't really show off all the quilting unfortunately.


So here are some more closeups that show the texture and quilting better. Enjoy!

Probably my favorite blocks are these light squares. Each one is a little different, but love the effect!
This shot shows some of the texture of the quilting. Love the circular swirls!

Each block was quilted with a specific design.

The sashing was quilted using a piano key type motif accented with pebbles.

The dark green border was done using a ruler from Deloa Jones-Rope- A-Dope. Fun to use!

Fun feathers in the dark brown squares, with more pebbling in the centers, plus a closeup of some of the border and sashing quilting.

Great closeup of the border quilting. Love how this came out!


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations...well deserved! Just gorgeous. Wish I could see that quilt in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol! If you get back up this way, you know where to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dora, you did a fabulous job! LOVE the quilting in the outer border! Outstanding job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations...I just LOVE your quilt. The quilting is spectacular. Thanks for letting me share your quilt on my blog.

    ReplyDelete